The Emory Practical Intervention Course (EPIC) is the longest running annual interventional cardiology event in the world. Based on the teachings of founder Dr. Andreas Gruentzig, EPIC has provided training for thousands of interventional cardiologists from the United States and abroad since 1981.
The meeting’s mission is to engage interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons specializing in coronary and structural heart disease to further enhance the care of their patients, mentor and train future generations of cardiovascular specialists, and lead front-line clinical research in the field.
In its 41st year, EPIC 2022 will feature key opinion leaders and internationally acclaimed operators discussing and performing complex cases not traditionally shown during live case transmissions. The conference will feature the newest innovations in interventional cardiology with live and on demand cases demonstrations.
The conference will be streamed live on our partner platform Wondr Medical and is free of charge. Attendees are required to register for viewing of the live stream, to be able to participate and to access the conference information post event.
EPIC 2022 is supported by educational grants from the following companies (in alphabetical order):
Abbott Laboratories, Abiomed, ASAHI INTECC US, Inc., Avail, Biotronik, Boston Scientific, Canon Medical, Edwards Lifesciences, Inari Medical, Medtronic Inc., Philips, Rampart IC, Shockwave Medical, Siemens, Teleflex, and Terumo.
Attendees are invited to visit the virtual exhibits from our sponsor companies and organizations on our partner platform, Wondr Medical, https://wondrmedical.net/ch/EPIC. The virtual exhibit hall is open during EPIC 2022.
EPIC 2022 gratefully acknowledges the following exhibitors and sponsors (in alphabetical order):
Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Gore & Associates, Haemonetics, Medtronic, The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), and Zoll.
EPIC 2022 will be streamed and hosted on Wondr Medical’s platform and will feature:
• 12 Live Complex Coronary & Structural Heart Cases
• Lazarus Case Competition
This conference is designed for interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals interested in the optimal practice of interventional cardiovascular medicine.
1. Recognize the efficacy of novel techniques in advanced interventional cardiology
2. Outline the guiding principles of chronic total occlusion PCI
3. Discuss the theoretical principles and practical applications of transcatheter electrosurgery
4. Review the pathophysiology of and contemporary approaches to left ventricular outflow tract obstruction
5. Review safety and efficacy of transcatheter aortic, mitral, and tricuspid valve replacements and repairs in patients at all levels of surgical risk
6. Discuss the evaluation and management of coronary microvascular and vasospastic diseases through a live case
7. Appraise the indication and efficacy of mechanical circulatory support devices in high risk PCI
8. Explore the role of invasive physiologic assessment and intravascular imaging to determine optimal revascularization strategies
9. Review developments in therapies for pulmonary thromboembolism including pharmacotherapy and percutaneous embolectomy
10. Describe the pathophysiology of pulmonic valve disease and review the indications and techniques for transcatheter therapy